Tuesday 19 May 2009

Another amazing trip - Big Pit


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Another amazing and really exciting trip with 'Uni team'. This time almost all people from my group (BA Photography 2nd year - 2007/2010) - Rita and Manuel (Rita's boyfriend) , Malcolme, Anna, and tutors Tim, Steve and Andy. I've never seen so beautiful lanscapes here in Wales before - hills full of sheeps, rocks, green grass, trees small lakes. Weather was really nice for first 20 minutes but rest of time raining - what a pity!!! I've made few good photographs there but I have to visit this place again this summer I have so many ideas to use there!!!
What a shame that I don't have car - I can travel to places which are served by trains or buses olny - I would like to travell to other unexplored places with possibility to stop on my way and take photographs everywhere not just where National Express or Railway have their stops. Wales is so beautiful, so green - hills, coast, waterfalls, national parks, lakes, mountains - I can't get to most of this places just because I don't have a car. It's sad.
Another places we visited today was Butetown, Blaenavon Ironworks and Big Pit. Another bit of history of this amazing country. And I want to know more and more and I began to be fascinated of it. I live here 4 years and every year visiting the same places - Barry Island, Swansea, Llantwit Major, St Fagans, Cosmestone Lakes, Cardiff Bay - what about other places around Cardiff - Castell Coch, Caerphilly Castle, Caerphilly Mountain, Taff Trail, National Parks, waterfalls? I want to explore all of it and more!
Three other trips to go - unfortunately I will miss one on thursday 21st May (work) - anyway I will go to two other Bradford and Hereford. I can't wait!
It was another day full of emotions, relax and fun.
Thanks for that, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Big Pit is just over the mountain from me Meg.
    My photo's on FB are in a valley very close to. Nice work...Nik

    ReplyDelete
  2. really?!!! Its amazing right there - where you live... amazing landscapes!

    ReplyDelete